Description: Visit Springfield for an amazing adventure with the Simpsons in this great Simpsons game. Guide Homer in a race against time as he tries to prevent a meltdown at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. Along the way, interact with Bart, Mr. Burns, Apu and more of your favorite Springfieldians. Avoid hazards like burning tires and giant sinkholes while you navigate Homer through his fast-paced, perilous mission. Watch out for Krusty the Clown, Officer Lou and others who try to stop Homer from saving the day.
Features may vary by handset:
* Play as Homer Simpson. Race against time to save Springfield.
* Meet your favorite Springfieldians. Cross paths with some of Springfield's favorite residents, including Marge, Lisa, Bart, Maggie, Mr. Burns, Barney, Moe, Apu, Krusty the Clown and many more.
* Fun mission-based gameplay. Explore the Simpsons' home as you search for Homer's car keys. Rush through Downtown Springfield as you avoid attacks from townspeople and potential disasters. Race against the clock in order to get to the Springfield Power Plant in time to stop a meltdown.
* Vibrant graphics, dynamic animations and amusing sound effects. Experience and enjoy the ingenious world of "The Simpsons" on your mobile phone.
How to Play:
Starting the game:
Highlight "The Simpsons" icon in the game menu on your phone. Press "OK" or right soft key "select" to start. The Simpsons splash screen appears, accompanied by the Simpsons theme music. From this splashscreen, you can toggle through these options:
* Resume Game - Re-start a previously saved game at the beginning of the level last exited.
* New Game - Start the first level in the Simpsons home.
* High Scores - Display high scores in the 'Hall of Fame."
* Settings - Use "OK" or 5 to toggle sound on or off.
* Help - Display these gameplay basics:
- Right soft key - Display timer, indicating time left before disaster.
- Right soft key - Display the pause menu.
- Up/Down on D-Pad - Scroll text.
To make Homer run, use all the directions on the D-Pad:
- 2 or Up on D-Pad - Move Homer up.
- 8 or Down on D-Pad - Move Homer down.
- 4 or Left on D-Pad- Move Homer left.
- 6 or Right on D-Pad - Move Homer right.
- 5 or "OK" - Action.
* About - Display copyright and other legal information.
* Exit - Exit the game to the main menu.
To Start: Select "New Game" using the soft key, and the game introduction begins. Via a television newscast, you will learn that Homer Simpson is a wanted man - his pet pig is responsible for events that have put the Springfield nuclear reactor at the brink of disaster. After the brief intro, the game begins in the Simpson's home. On the lower part of the screen - the heads-up display (HUD) - you will see three items:
* Health Meter: A full red bar indicates that Homer is in good health. Attacks from townspeople, flying objects, cars and disasters will lower the health meter. To raise the health meter, Homer must find and eat donuts and drink "Buzz Soda," indicated by cans in the three levels.
* Homer Icon: Tells you how many lives Homer has left. Homer has three lives.
* Mission capsule: a reminder of your current objective.
Use your D-Pad or number pad to guide Homer through the house. As Homer travels over doughnuts, he will 'collect' them. When Homer nears non-playing characters (NPCs), a thought bubble will display to give a hint about actions to take. For example, Maggie's thought bubble might display a pacifier - which means Homer must retrieve the pacifier and give it to Maggie before completing the level.
Springfield citizens - Officer Lou, Sideshow Bob, Chief Wiggum and others - will try to stop Homer. Avoid them by steering Homer to run away, or block their path with moveable objects.
Mission Summary Screen:
At the end of each level a summary screen will appear with the following stats: Mission time and total time. Your score is based on the time it took to complete the game. In order to win, you must deactivate the nuclear meltdown before the countdown clock runs out.
Views: 2,678 times
Date added: 2010-01-17
File extension: jar
Download size: 282.82KB